The Aroma Of Worship-Introduction
There are three primary reasons that I wrote this devotion. My first and most important reason is to share the gospel of Christ with the essential oils community. As such, I have made every effort to point in some way, to the Gospel of Christ in each devotion. Secondly, I want to communicate to the broader Christian, through the medium of devotional writing, that the sense of smell, as well as all of the other senses, is a gift from God given to us that we may bring Glory to Him by using it to enjoy his creation.
God has blessed us with this wonderful sense and He is worthy that we may intentionally use it in worship of him. Finally, I want to communicate in a very special way that essential oils can be used in many ways that are consistent with the Christian worldview and to reject the notion that one must embrace New Age thought to benefit from essential oils. These are my goals; and, my prayer is the spirit of God will see fit to use this work to that end.
WHAT TO EXPECT EACH DAY
Each day you will find: a brief instruction about preparing your surroundings and your heart, a passage of i, and finally some additional thoughts about the Scripture for that day. I have given some detail here in the introduction about preparation so that each day's instructions will be unique to that devotion.
PREPARE YOUR SURROUNDINGS
To avoid distractions and promote focus, find a quite room/area. Keep your bible, this devotional, a journal, pen and highlighter near your chair. Also, set your diffuser up with distilled water, each day's devotion will tell you which oils to add to your diffuser for that day. After adding your distilled water and oils to the diffuser for the devotion, start your diffuser and let it run for a few minutes before you get started.
PREPARE YOUR HEART AND MIND
Get comfortable, and breathe in the aroma for a few moments. Clear your mind of cares that take your attention away from focusing on Christ. Breathe in and out slowly. Allow your senses to fully experience the aroma. Let the tension go out of your body and begin to focus your attention on Christ.
Spend some time in prayer of adoration. Celebrate God in your own heart and worship him. Thank him for the specific aroma you are experiencing, for its benefits, and for your sense of smell which he has given you as an avenue of experiencing His blessings in creation. As you are wrapping up this time of prayer, transition into reading the bible passage. meditate on it. Read it out loud repeatedly and let the words resonate with you.
Focus your mind on word, then concepts, and then complete thoughts. Allow your mind to take in what the text is saying. Read it until you have good awareness of what it is saying both in your heart and in your mind; then, move on to the devotional.
Each day you will find a bible passage that will be the focus for that day. All Scripture references are taken from the English Standard Version.
WORTH THINKING ABOUT
This section has my stories, thoughts, and devotional ideas relating to the Bible passage(s) and essential oil(s) for that day.
Reference: The Aroma of Worship: Derin A Stidd
- Pelosi attacks San Francisco archbishop for calling abortion a ‘child sacrifice’
- A 'moral failing': Report finds child sexual abuse prevalent in institutions across major UK religions
- Catholic priest murdered in western France by suspected cathedral arsonist
- Edinburgh cathedral boss killed in 'freak' mountain biking accident
- Archbishop of York says English people ‘left behind’ by ‘metropolitan elites’ in London
- Italian police investigate after three bullets sent in post to Pope Francis
- Vandals desecrate ancient church days after £150,000 restoration
- A playboy, a femme fatal spy and a powerful cardinal: Vatican's biggest corruption trial begins
- Churches burned down as anger over 'cultural genocide' of indigenous children sweeps Canada
- Dalai Lama’s inner circle listed in Pegasus project data
- Thai temple says construction of giant Buddha statue visible across Bangkok nearly complete
- Pope Francis leaves hospital and returns to Vatican after colon surgery
- Pope, from hospital, sends condolences to Haiti after attack
- Bishops criticised over heavenly lifestyles while parishes are penniless
- Coleen Rooney's sons make their first Holy Communion and christening
- Pope Francis in hospital for surgery
- What did the Pope know about the Holocaust? | DW Documentary
- Cardinal and nine others face Vatican corruption charges over London property deal
- The Archangel Raphael
- A Simple Prayer of Hope
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending