The Aroma Of Worship-Introduction
There are three primary reasons that I wrote this devotion. My first and most important reason is to share the gospel of Christ with the essential oils community. As such, I have made every effort to point in some way, to the Gospel of Christ in each devotion. Secondly, I want to communicate to the broader Christian, through the medium of devotional writing, that the sense of smell, as well as all of the other senses, is a gift from God given to us that we may bring Glory to Him by using it to enjoy his creation.
God has blessed us with this wonderful sense and He is worthy that we may intentionally use it in worship of him. Finally, I want to communicate in a very special way that essential oils can be used in many ways that are consistent with the Christian worldview and to reject the notion that one must embrace New Age thought to benefit from essential oils. These are my goals; and, my prayer is the spirit of God will see fit to use this work to that end.
WHAT TO EXPECT EACH DAY
Each day you will find: a brief instruction about preparing your surroundings and your heart, a passage of i, and finally some additional thoughts about the Scripture for that day. I have given some detail here in the introduction about preparation so that each day's instructions will be unique to that devotion.
PREPARE YOUR SURROUNDINGS
To avoid distractions and promote focus, find a quite room/area. Keep your bible, this devotional, a journal, pen and highlighter near your chair. Also, set your diffuser up with distilled water, each day's devotion will tell you which oils to add to your diffuser for that day. After adding your distilled water and oils to the diffuser for the devotion, start your diffuser and let it run for a few minutes before you get started.
PREPARE YOUR HEART AND MIND
Get comfortable, and breathe in the aroma for a few moments. Clear your mind of cares that take your attention away from focusing on Christ. Breathe in and out slowly. Allow your senses to fully experience the aroma. Let the tension go out of your body and begin to focus your attention on Christ.
Spend some time in prayer of adoration. Celebrate God in your own heart and worship him. Thank him for the specific aroma you are experiencing, for its benefits, and for your sense of smell which he has given you as an avenue of experiencing His blessings in creation. As you are wrapping up this time of prayer, transition into reading the bible passage. meditate on it. Read it out loud repeatedly and let the words resonate with you.
Focus your mind on word, then concepts, and then complete thoughts. Allow your mind to take in what the text is saying. Read it until you have good awareness of what it is saying both in your heart and in your mind; then, move on to the devotional.
Each day you will find a bible passage that will be the focus for that day. All Scripture references are taken from the English Standard Version.
WORTH THINKING ABOUT
This section has my stories, thoughts, and devotional ideas relating to the Bible passage(s) and essential oil(s) for that day.
Reference: The Aroma of Worship: Derin A Stidd
- Pope updates Catholic Church rules for dealing with sexual abuse
- Pope Francis hints at end of 1,000-year-old celibacy rule after calling ban 'temporary'
- Who is responsible for the hatred against Jews in Barcelona? - Opinion
- Satanic Temple opens online abortion clinic named after Samuel Alito’s mother
- Portugal church sex abuse study finds 512 alleged victims
- Ramadan 2023: When is it and what does it celebrate?
- Pope lands in South Sudan to urge peace as fighting kills 27
- One million flock to Pope’s Congo Mass on day of peace and forgiveness
- Pope’s trip to Africa spotlights conflict and church’s future
- Seven people killed in ‘terror attack’ shooting at synagogue in Jerusalem
- Protests against burning of Koran held across Middle East
- ‘Church part of the problem’ in discrimination against Gypsy and Roma community
- Priest who 'died and went to hell' claims he heard 'demons singing pop songs'
- Messianic leader who mesmerised followers by staring at them charged with sex crimes
- How an anti-Semitic ‘fake news’ conspiracy drove mass murder in Franco’s Spain
- First Palestinian woman pastor in Holy Land ordained
- Church of England ‘to refuse to back change to allow same-sex marriages’
- Emanuela Orlandi vanished 40 years ago. Why is the Vatican just now opening an investigation?
- Euston gunman fired into church after funeral of cancer victim, 20, and her mother
- Church of England told to 'sort its own house out' before paying slavery reparations
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending