Methods Of Use
Throughout this website various spiritual practices are described , with suggested methods of us. The following chart is intended as a general guide to the volume of essential oil appropriate for each method. See also Safety and Precautions.
Any objects used in the process of making spiritual connection - such as diffusers, bottles, bowls and candles - should be reserved for that purpose only and set apart from those used in physical healing or environmental fragrancing. The object should be aesthetically pleasing and treasured.
|Method||Amount Of Essential Oil||Process|
|Anointing||1-2 drops in half teaspoon vegetable oil||Dilute the essential oil in an organic vegetable oil. Virgin, cold-pressed olive oil could be used although you may find the aroma of the olive oil overpowers the aroma of the essential oils. Almond is a good carrier oil to use for anointing.|
run the bath, then add the essential oil and swish it around, The door should be shut to ensure the aroma remains in the room.
Essential oils can be used in their concentrated forms. For those with sensitive skins, the essential oil can be diluted in a vegetable oil - using 1 drop of essential to 1 drop of vegetable oil.
For salt baths, add two drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of essential oil to a teaspoon of salt, mix well, then add to the bath water.
Some essential oils can cause skin irritation.
These include basil, cinnamon, clove, grapefruit, eucalyptus piperata, lemon, lime, peppermint, and thyme.
When used singly , the above should be used with caution.
When used in blends, they can sometimes be used in baths - depending on the particular formulation.
|Body Oils||10-20 drops in 30ml (1 fluid ounce) of vegetable oil||
If using 1 essential oil , add it to the carrier oil already in the bottle.
If using a blend of essential oils, put them into the empty bottle first, roll the bottle between your hands, then add the carrier oil, and blend again by rolling the bottle between the hands.
For the uses in this web site, it is better to make up small amounts, use them, and remake the body oil as required.
Label the bottles with their ingredients and purpose, adding the date of preparation.
6-12 drops but more if you wish
Diffusers used for spiritual practice should be devoted to this purpose, and not used in any other context.
Diffusers or 'burners' have two sections: one for the heat source and one for the water/essential oil.
The bowl portion in which the water and oil are put should be non-porous, and thoroughly cleaned between each occasion of use.
Put in enough water to allow for evaporation; use already heated water.
Put the essential oil on the water, with the heat source already in place.
Reference: The Fragrant Heavens: Valerie Ann Worwood
- Pelosi attacks San Francisco archbishop for calling abortion a ‘child sacrifice’
- A 'moral failing': Report finds child sexual abuse prevalent in institutions across major UK religions
- Catholic priest murdered in western France by suspected cathedral arsonist
- Edinburgh cathedral boss killed in 'freak' mountain biking accident
- Archbishop of York says English people ‘left behind’ by ‘metropolitan elites’ in London
- Italian police investigate after three bullets sent in post to Pope Francis
- Vandals desecrate ancient church days after £150,000 restoration
- A playboy, a femme fatal spy and a powerful cardinal: Vatican's biggest corruption trial begins
- Churches burned down as anger over 'cultural genocide' of indigenous children sweeps Canada
- Dalai Lama’s inner circle listed in Pegasus project data
- Thai temple says construction of giant Buddha statue visible across Bangkok nearly complete
- Pope Francis leaves hospital and returns to Vatican after colon surgery
- Pope, from hospital, sends condolences to Haiti after attack
- Bishops criticised over heavenly lifestyles while parishes are penniless
- Coleen Rooney's sons make their first Holy Communion and christening
- Pope Francis in hospital for surgery
- What did the Pope know about the Holocaust? | DW Documentary
- Cardinal and nine others face Vatican corruption charges over London property deal
- The Archangel Raphael
- A Simple Prayer of Hope
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending