Methods Of Use
Throughout this website various spiritual practices are described , with suggested methods of us. The following chart is intended as a general guide to the volume of essential oil appropriate for each method. See also Safety and Precautions.
Any objects used in the process of making spiritual connection - such as diffusers, bottles, bowls and candles - should be reserved for that purpose only and set apart from those used in physical healing or environmental fragrancing. The object should be aesthetically pleasing and treasured.
|Method||Amount Of Essential Oil||Process|
|Anointing||1-2 drops in half teaspoon vegetable oil||Dilute the essential oil in an organic vegetable oil. Virgin, cold-pressed olive oil could be used although you may find the aroma of the olive oil overpowers the aroma of the essential oils. Almond is a good carrier oil to use for anointing.|
run the bath, then add the essential oil and swish it around, The door should be shut to ensure the aroma remains in the room.
Essential oils can be used in their concentrated forms. For those with sensitive skins, the essential oil can be diluted in a vegetable oil - using 1 drop of essential to 1 drop of vegetable oil.
For salt baths, add two drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of essential oil to a teaspoon of salt, mix well, then add to the bath water.
Some essential oils can cause skin irritation.
These include basil, cinnamon, clove, grapefruit, eucalyptus piperata, lemon, lime, peppermint, and thyme.
When used singly , the above should be used with caution.
When used in blends, they can sometimes be used in baths - depending on the particular formulation.
|Body Oils||10-20 drops in 30ml (1 fluid ounce) of vegetable oil||
If using 1 essential oil , add it to the carrier oil already in the bottle.
If using a blend of essential oils, put them into the empty bottle first, roll the bottle between your hands, then add the carrier oil, and blend again by rolling the bottle between the hands.
For the uses in this web site, it is better to make up small amounts, use them, and remake the body oil as required.
Label the bottles with their ingredients and purpose, adding the date of preparation.
6-12 drops but more if you wish
Diffusers used for spiritual practice should be devoted to this purpose, and not used in any other context.
Diffusers or 'burners' have two sections: one for the heat source and one for the water/essential oil.
The bowl portion in which the water and oil are put should be non-porous, and thoroughly cleaned between each occasion of use.
Put in enough water to allow for evaporation; use already heated water.
Put the essential oil on the water, with the heat source already in place.
Reference: The Fragrant Heavens: Valerie Ann Worwood
- FBI: Polygamous leader had 20 wives, many of them minors
- Protests erupt after Indonesia bans sex outside marriage
- Ukraine searches Orthodox Church premises for pro-Russian material
- Beyond beliefs: does religious faith lead to a happier, healthier life?
- Thai Buddhist temple runs out of monks after all are dismissed for failing DRUG TESTS
- Asian faiths try to save swastika symbol corrupted by Hitler
- Sacred Mysteries: The structural honesty of the Last of the Goths
- ‘Shame!’: Tourist pelted with water by angry mob after climbing sacred Mayan temple
- Pope compares Russia's war in Ukraine to 1930s famine inflicted by Stalin
- Pope appoints Archbishop Claudio Gugerotti prefect of the office for the Oriental Churches
- Pope sacks leadership of worldwide Catholic charity, names commissioner
- Clinging to ancient faith, India tribes seek religion status
- Turkish ‘cult leader’ Oktar sentenced to 8,658 years in prison
- Gay couple who were turned away by 31 churches finally have dream wedding
- Bill to protect equal marriage clears hurdle in US Senate with support from dozen Republicans
- Mormon church voices support for same-sex marriage law
- Religious leaders join world-first inter-faith ceremony on climate change
- Pope marks Day of the Poor by hosting hundreds for lunch at Vatican
- Praying the rosary: Understanding the tradition that helps Catholics meditate on Jesus and Mother Mary
- What is Gurpurab? Sikhs celebrate Guru Nanak Jayanti
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending