Methods Of Use
Throughout this website various spiritual practices are described , with suggested methods of us. The following chart is intended as a general guide to the volume of essential oil appropriate for each method. See also Safety and Precautions.
Any objects used in the process of making spiritual connection - such as diffusers, bottles, bowls and candles - should be reserved for that purpose only and set apart from those used in physical healing or environmental fragrancing. The object should be aesthetically pleasing and treasured.
|Amount Of Essential Oil
|1-2 drops in half teaspoon vegetable oil
|Dilute the essential oil in an organic vegetable oil. Virgin, cold-pressed olive oil could be used although you may find the aroma of the olive oil overpowers the aroma of the essential oils. Almond is a good carrier oil to use for anointing.
run the bath, then add the essential oil and swish it around, The door should be shut to ensure the aroma remains in the room.
Essential oils can be used in their concentrated forms. For those with sensitive skins, the essential oil can be diluted in a vegetable oil - using 1 drop of essential to 1 drop of vegetable oil.
For salt baths, add two drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of essential oil to a teaspoon of salt, mix well, then add to the bath water.
Some essential oils can cause skin irritation.
These include basil, cinnamon, clove, grapefruit, eucalyptus piperata, lemon, lime, peppermint, and thyme.
When used singly , the above should be used with caution.
When used in blends, they can sometimes be used in baths - depending on the particular formulation.
|10-20 drops in 30ml (1 fluid ounce) of vegetable oil
If using 1 essential oil , add it to the carrier oil already in the bottle.
If using a blend of essential oils, put them into the empty bottle first, roll the bottle between your hands, then add the carrier oil, and blend again by rolling the bottle between the hands.
For the uses in this web site, it is better to make up small amounts, use them, and remake the body oil as required.
Label the bottles with their ingredients and purpose, adding the date of preparation.
6-12 drops but more if you wish
Diffusers used for spiritual practice should be devoted to this purpose, and not used in any other context.
Diffusers or 'burners' have two sections: one for the heat source and one for the water/essential oil.
The bowl portion in which the water and oil are put should be non-porous, and thoroughly cleaned between each occasion of use.
Put in enough water to allow for evaporation; use already heated water.
Put the essential oil on the water, with the heat source already in place.
Reference: The Fragrant Heavens: Valerie Ann Worwood
- Purgatory in the Bible
- Pope’s new ruling on blessings for same-sex couples does not change Catholic teaching - bishop
- Sacred Mysteries: The starwright who bursts forth like the sun
- The Vatican's 'trial of the century,' a Pandora's box of unintended revelations, explained
- The pope says he wants to be buried in the Rome basilica, not in the Vatican
- A Black Jesus review – religious rites and refugees collide in Sicilian village
- Recordings show how the Mormon church protects itself from child sex abuse claims
- Pilgrims yearn to visit isolated peninsula where Catholic saints cared for Hawaii's leprosy patients
- In the US, Black survivors are nearly invisible in the Catholic clergy sexual abuse crisis
- Pope Francis cancels Cop28 trip to Dubai due to ill health
- A French bishop is accused of attempted rape in latest scandal to hit Catholic Church in France
- Dalai Lama apologises for asking child to suck his tongue
- Vatican on trial in UK for first time in history as British banker looks to clear his name
- Hermaphrodites Gynomorphs and Jesus-The Importance of Demons
- Hermaphrodites Gynomorphs and Jesus
- Pope updates Catholic Church rules for dealing with sexual abuse
- Pope Francis hints at end of 1,000-year-old celibacy rule after calling ban 'temporary'
- Who is responsible for the hatred against Jews in Barcelona? - Opinion
- Satanic Temple opens online abortion clinic named after Samuel Alito’s mother
- Portugal church sex abuse study finds 512 alleged victims
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending