Handling and Storage
The most important thing about handling essential oils is to treat them with respect, for these are living things and wise healers. At home keep them somewhere that intuitively feels right, where you feel peaceful and relaxed, or near a sacred picture, a religious symbol or on a shrine. Many people keep their most precious spiritual articles together, and the essential oils could be keep with them.
There are other considerations though, Essential oils don't like light and heat and should be kept in dark glass bottles stored away from both natural and artificial light and heat sources.
They should also be stored away from sources of radiation and electromagnetism such as micro waves, computers, and radios, Cd players and TVs. It is quite difficult to find a place that fits all these requirements in a typical modern home, but, with a bit of thought and ingenuity, a suitable place can be found.
Also there are various devices on the market designed to counteract these energies. If your usual sacred area is too light, simply store the essential oils in a box, or make a space for the essential oils in a shaded place - a cupboard for example - perhaps putting around them some of your other precious and sacred things, whatever it is that means 'sacred' to you.
Above all, think of the essential oils as living things which deserve to be treated with reverence, because the power of nature, of creation, of light, of love is within them.
Reference: The Fragrant heavens: V. A. Worwood
- ‘Hitler’s pope’ struck dirty deal with Nazi prince to stay silent on persecution of Jews
- Prince Andrew is trying to 'make amends', Archbishop of Canterbury says
- Pope Francis reveals the drink that helps him battle knee pain
- Warning dangerous dupe of Zamzam holy water could be on sale in Leicester
- What it's like to be an Orthodox Jew in the UK today
- Why is Friday the 13th considered unlucky?
- Sacked church charity worker awarded £8,000 after dispute over ‘priest's affair’
- Church elder who stole woman's £600,000 ordered to pay back just £1
- Pope approved secret €1m bid to free kidnapped nun, says disgraced cardinal
- Ramadan 2022: Thousands joined by mayor for Iftar in Trafalgar Square for last week of fasting
- Three Scientology defectors sue church leader David Miscavige
- Caste pervasive across Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and other faiths
- Vatican suspends Jerusalem meeting between pope, Russian patriarch
- French nun Sister Andre, 118, claims title of world's oldest person
- St George's Day 2022: He wasn't England's first patron saint and 8 other facts
- Sweden hit by fourth day of unrest over planned Quran burnings
- Pope condemns Russia for ‘cruel and senseless’ invasion of Ukraine in sermon on ‘Easter of War’
- Archbishop of Canterbury hits out at Government plan to send migrants to Rwanda
- Those in public life should act with integrity, Archbishop of York suggests
- Royal Maundy Service explained as Queen misses it for first time in 52 years
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending