The Importance of Demons
The ancient Mediterranean world taught that priestesses, witches, diviners and poets possessed the ability to open portals through which sentient powers or " demons" who inhabited extra-worldy planes could travel to the material universe.
These beings, these powers-that-be, did not have a physical form; they were not composed of "atoms,"the indivisible elements of our world, and they did not have eyes, ears, mouths, voices, or, in fact, any human or biological attributes at all.
And perhaps most importantly, these immortals were neither male or female; they were neither and yet they were both.
In the Greco-Roman way of thinking, gods are the cosmic bloom of existence. Greek and Latin culture, preserved in the amber of ancient literature, perpetuated the view that Gods are the immortal "elements" of an ordered and living universe.
For example, Aphrodite is the desire of sexual attraction; Dionysus is ecstast; Athena is civic justice. Unlike humans, the gods aren't born, they don't age, and they don't die. They are in perpetual bloom.
Myth was the medium in which the classical world expressed the efflorescene of the immortal forces of the universe.
Greek and Roman myth had an extraordinary influence on ancient artists, statesmen, religious leaders and philosophers.
It was a cultural cement that facilitated the construction of democracy, the establishment of education, and the creation of the scientific method.
Ancient myth was a metaphor for expressing the individuality and actions of the immotal powers that govern the universe.
Reference: Hermaphrodites Gynomorphs and Jesus: Author: Dr.David C.A Hillman
- Purgatory in the Bible
- Pope’s new ruling on blessings for same-sex couples does not change Catholic teaching - bishop
- Sacred Mysteries: The starwright who bursts forth like the sun
- The Vatican's 'trial of the century,' a Pandora's box of unintended revelations, explained
- The pope says he wants to be buried in the Rome basilica, not in the Vatican
- A Black Jesus review – religious rites and refugees collide in Sicilian village
- Recordings show how the Mormon church protects itself from child sex abuse claims
- Pilgrims yearn to visit isolated peninsula where Catholic saints cared for Hawaii's leprosy patients
- In the US, Black survivors are nearly invisible in the Catholic clergy sexual abuse crisis
- Pope Francis cancels Cop28 trip to Dubai due to ill health
- A French bishop is accused of attempted rape in latest scandal to hit Catholic Church in France
- Dalai Lama apologises for asking child to suck his tongue
- Vatican on trial in UK for first time in history as British banker looks to clear his name
- Hermaphrodites Gynomorphs and Jesus-The Importance of Demons
- Hermaphrodites Gynomorphs and Jesus
- Pope updates Catholic Church rules for dealing with sexual abuse
- Pope Francis hints at end of 1,000-year-old celibacy rule after calling ban 'temporary'
- Who is responsible for the hatred against Jews in Barcelona? - Opinion
- Satanic Temple opens online abortion clinic named after Samuel Alito’s mother
- Portugal church sex abuse study finds 512 alleged victims
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending