Priest who 'died and went to hell' claims he heard 'demons singing pop songs'
Those who have gone through a near-death experience can sometimes recall what they thought they saw in the afterlife - and one priest has claimed he saw "the real hell," where demons were sangs songs we would recognise.
Gerald Johnson took to TikTok to recall his experience, and started off by saying "wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."
"I thought I was having a heart attack. My spirit left my physical body and I thought that I was going upwards, because I thought I had done so much good in this lifetime and helped so many people and basically made decisions that were godly decisions."
However, Johnson noted he was mistaken as he claimed he was actually going in the opposite direction.
"As opposed to going up I went down. There was a section in hell where music was playing and it was the same music that you hear on the Earth, but as opposed to entertainers singing it, demons were singing it.
"It was some of the same lyrics that we hear here, I knew that on Earth a lot of the lyrics and the music and the songs are inspired by demons.
"Every lyric to every song is there to torment you as to the fact you didn’t worship god through music while you were on the Earth."
The songs that Johnson recalled hearing the demons singing to torment people with include "Umbrella" by Rihanna, and ironically they also had "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin in their songbook.
Elsewhere, Rihanna is performing as the headline act at this year's Super Bowl halftime show and released her first song in six years with Life Me Up for the film Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Reference: Indy 100: Story by Sinead Butler
- Pope updates Catholic Church rules for dealing with sexual abuse
- Pope Francis hints at end of 1,000-year-old celibacy rule after calling ban 'temporary'
- Who is responsible for the hatred against Jews in Barcelona? - Opinion
- Satanic Temple opens online abortion clinic named after Samuel Alito’s mother
- Portugal church sex abuse study finds 512 alleged victims
- Ramadan 2023: When is it and what does it celebrate?
- Pope lands in South Sudan to urge peace as fighting kills 27
- One million flock to Pope’s Congo Mass on day of peace and forgiveness
- Pope’s trip to Africa spotlights conflict and church’s future
- Seven people killed in ‘terror attack’ shooting at synagogue in Jerusalem
- Protests against burning of Koran held across Middle East
- ‘Church part of the problem’ in discrimination against Gypsy and Roma community
- Priest who 'died and went to hell' claims he heard 'demons singing pop songs'
- Messianic leader who mesmerised followers by staring at them charged with sex crimes
- How an anti-Semitic ‘fake news’ conspiracy drove mass murder in Franco’s Spain
- First Palestinian woman pastor in Holy Land ordained
- Church of England ‘to refuse to back change to allow same-sex marriages’
- Emanuela Orlandi vanished 40 years ago. Why is the Vatican just now opening an investigation?
- Euston gunman fired into church after funeral of cancer victim, 20, and her mother
- Church of England told to 'sort its own house out' before paying slavery reparations
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending