There is nothing less scientific than to deny something because it cannot be explained, saying: Quoted by DR JEAN VALNET in The Practice of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is vibrational, as it utilizes tools which each have an individual vibration - the aromatic essential oils - that affect living, vibrational people.
When I trained in physical therapy and phyto-therapy in mainland Europe, more years ago than I care to remember, we were taught vibrational theories, and Rudolf Steiner, spiritual scientist, had great influence there.
Others talked about vibrational aromatherapy in their particular fields, such as Marguerite Maury in the field of rejuvenation. Looking back now at the teaching material supplied to students in the early days of aromatherapy, it's clear that vibrations were very much part of the language and concepts taught.
The roots of modern aromatherapy can be found in the intellectual life of Europe in the 1960s, which was very open-minded to the holistic view, not only of the person, but of nature and the universe in general.
Wholeness was discussed in the broadest terms . In these early days, it was therapy generally reserved for the wealthy who could afford the luxury of visiting the private European Clinics. Arnold Taylor brought Maury to England to teach, and under the influence of her style and practice, which included massage and body-work, aromatherapy developed.
As aromatherapy became more generally available, there was a need to validate it by focusing on the physically obvious medicinal qualities of essential oils-and there are hundreds of research papers quantifying the various properties of them.
Science can now see how aromatherapy works; that there are established physiological mechanisms at work. Moreover, from other more recent work in the area of brain chemistry, science can even explain how aromatherapy can make a person feel good emotionally.
All this is a long way from how things were at the outset, when the term 'aromatherapy' was equated with 'nice-smells-make-you-feel-good-airy-fairy-psychological-nonsense-and-not-only-that--it's-good-for-the-skin'!
Essential oil use is now understood to be something rather more scientifically interesting than 'perfume'. Aromatherapy has gone through this period of acceptance, consolidating the facts established by scientific research with actual practical results, leaving unsaid a whole aspect of our work that could broadly be put under the term vibrational aromatherapy.
Energetics is what holds it all together. Those of us who learnt aromatherapy when it was seen as a body, mind and spirit - whole person - therapy have always discussed it in terms of vibration and frequency, and some of us have taught it in that way.
People who came into the profession when it was going through its very pragmatic , scientific stage, may have by-passed these important aspects. The latest group joining the profession come to it knowing they have to learn the scientific -medical facts, but also the vocabulary of energetic aromatherapy - auras, chakras, subtle bodies, energy exchange ; these terms are now in common usage. There is, however, nothing new about vibrational, frequency or energetic aromatherapy.
It's been talked about for decades, and known about ever since people mixed fragrant plants and oils together and used them on their bodies, which was tens of centuries ago. Vibrational aromatherapy' is not something that can be practised alone because it includes 'physical aromatherapy' and 'emotional aromatherapy' - they are integral to each other, part of a single whole. To be a 'holistic aromatherapist' you have to know all about the physical, emotional and spiritual - in terms of both body and oil.
It is not therefore an easy option, although I daresay there are those who will set up practice as 'energetic' or 'vibrational' aromatherapists on the basis of the idea that 'all illness starts in the etheric'. It doesn't matter where the illness starts. the point is that it is there - manifesting in the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, or all four.
To treat a person energetically, all aspects of a person must be understood. Energetic therapies cannot be short cuts by-passing the physical, because vibration is part of essential oils and the physical body. You can't ignore it. The subtle and physical bodies of a person work together like the printer's primary colours - one does not make sense without the other, and you need all the colours, or 'bodies', to see the whole. Vibrational or energetic aromatherapy is aromatherapy.
Reference: The Fragrant Heavens: Valerie Ann Worwood
- Eric Gill statues adorning cathedral under scrutiny as Church confronts paedophile artist’s ‘abhorrent legacy’
- Pontiff makes surprise visit to record store and picks up vinyl LP
- Pope praises role of women as peacemakers in his New Year’s address
- Murderer who claimed Scientology led him to butcher sister-in-law and boyfriend to death is killed in prison
- Catholic leader calls on government to keep churches open amid Covid surge
- Pause Ad 00:15 - up next "Pope Francis leads world's Roman Catholics into Christmas" Unmute 0 Daily Mail Pope Francis leads world's Roman Catholics into Christmas
- Archbishop of Canterbury arrives to lead Christmas Day Eucharist
- Charles and Camilla lead Royals attending Christmas Day service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor
- Durham Cathedral demands Covid passes from worshippers
- Israeli pilgrimage disaster inquiry urges cap on visitors, food
- Sacred Mysteries: Skulduggery behind the saints of All Souls
- Refugee puppet Little Amal welcomed at St Paul’s Cathedral
- Orthodox patriarch taken to hospital during visit to US
- US vows to help free missionaries in Haiti as kidnappers demand $17m ransom
- Pope Emeritus Benedict: I look forward to seeing old friend in the afterlife
- Several feared dead after blast at mosque in Afghanistan
- Pope Francis expresses ‘shame’ over French Church sex abuse scandal
- Religious TV channel Loveworld fined £25,000 for broadcasting Covid conspiracies
- Three Swiss Guards who refused to take Covid jab quit Pope’s bodyguard
- Pelosi attacks San Francisco archbishop for calling abortion a ‘child sacrifice’
- Let There Be Light
- Plants that feel and Speak
- The Singing Forest
- The Singing Forest-2
- Using Essential Oils for Spiritual Connection
- Heaven Scent
- Plants that Feel and Speak-2
- Making the Spiritual Connection
- The Sanctity of Plants
- The Aroma Of Worship - Introduction
- Essential Oils: The unseen Energies
- The Aroma Of Worship-Foreward
- Methods Of Use
- Handling and Storage
- Spiritual Blending